For Astronomers: Fact Sheet
- Energy Band: 3 - 79 keV
- Angular Resolution: 58" (HPD), 18" (FWHM)
- Field of View: 13' x 13'
- Energy Resolution: 0.4 keV at 6 keV, 0.9 keV at 60 keV (FWHM)
- Temporal Resolution: 0.1 msec
- Maximum Flux Measurement Rate: 10,000 cts/s
- ToO response: < 24 hours
- Launch date: June 13, 2012
- Orbit: 600 km x 620 km, 6 degree inclination
- Slew Rate: 0.06 deg / sec
- Settle Time: 142 sec
The above in-flight NuSTAR parameters were last updated in January 2013.
For additional information, including the As Flown Timeline (AFT), short- and long-range schedules, and list of Priority A targets, visit the Science Operations Center (SOC) website.
The primary reference for NuSTAR is Harrison, F.A. et al. 2013, ApJ, in press (arXiv:1301.7307).